Wednesday 9 November 2016

Miroirs - Ravel arr. for 2 harps by Ernestine Stoop

Miroirs by Maurice Ravel
arr. for two harps by Ernestine Stoop

I was asked by a friend to play ‘La vallée des cloches’. When I saw the whole cycle ‘Miroirs’ I started to be fascinated by the music and wanting to play the music I thought it would be best to use two harps. Once I started I got so involved in the beautiful notes that I almost forgot to sleep. To take part in following the paths of such a genius has been a treat.

The five different compositions of the cycle have very figurative titles and Ravel placed these in different times of the day:

‘Noctuelles’ at midnight
‘Les oiseaux tristes’ during the siesta
‘Une barque sur l’océan’ in the twilight
‘Alborada del gracioso’ at sunrise
‘La vallée des cloches’ at noon

For further information please visit Creighton's Collection



No comments:

Post a Comment